To bring focus to KMZ’s new blog and its wayward authors, I’ve suggested we assemble a list of other blogs we hold in high esteem as examples to follow here. I’ve listed mine below, in no conscious order. Each has a unified voice despite being generalized and diverse but not scattered. They’re inspiring to me and my KMZ.
- Never Yet Melted, an assortment of smart oddities and amazements.
- Seth Godin’s relentless flood of reality checks.
- Collision Detection is a collection of offbeat research and musings by science/culture writer Clive Thompson
- The Resist Network showcase of art beyond the gallery walls includes artworks of social justice and activism.
- Sociological Images are a collection of compelling visuals that span the breadth of sociological inquiry.
- Ironic Sans is the mental playground of photographer David Friedman.
- we make money not art is a blog that focuses on the intersection between art, science and social issues.
- F.A.T. (Free Art and Technology) is an anarchist art collective “dedicated to enriching the public domain one mutha-fuckin LOL at a time.”
- Ok, so The Yes Men are who I want to be reincarnated as. Their public theatrics are huge. <3!
- Improv Everywhere are masters of large-scale antics.
- Art of the Prank is a healthy dose of pranks, hoaxes, culture jamming and reality hacking.
- Speculative fiction at Brain Harvest
- Strange bits of science at David Disalvo’s Brainspin
- Breakfast in Europe is just delightful in its simplicity and charm of content.
- Though such technical writing may not be appropriate for KMZ Eric Johnson’s Primate Diaries gets on this list because of its anarchist tendencies. He’s thumbed his nose at the establishment (ScienceBlogs.com) and taken his blog in exile.
What are your virtual intellectual lustings?